1. "It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner." -- Vince Lombardi.
2. "I survived because I had trained my heart to do the same: survive. Becoming an Ironman had kept me from becoming a dead man." The Long Run -- Matt Long
3. "What matters is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight -- it's the size of the fight in the dog." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
4. "Only those who risk going too far, can possibly find out how far they can go." -- T.S. Elliot
5. "Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction." -- William James
6. "Let us live so that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry."
-- Mark Twain
7. "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees." The Bible, Hebrews 12: 11-13
8. "Without patient endurance, even the smallest thing becomes unbearable. A lot depends on our attitude." The Dalai Lama
9. "Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle -- when the sun comes up, you'd better be running." Born to Run -- Chris McDougall (quoting Roger Bannister).
10. "If a task is once begun, never leave it til it's done. Be the labor big or small, do it well or not at all." -- Unknown
11. "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." -- Michael Jordan
12. "You just can't beat the person who never gives up." -- Babe Ruth
|You don't need Stuart Smalley...Just pick a few quotes to pep you up...|
Have a favorite motivational quote you'd like to share?