I'm a freak for funny t-shirts. I love trying to find the most bizarre, unusual, funny t-shirts that I can find. For example, I have one with a football on it that says "baseball" underneath. You'd be surprised how many quizzical looks I get. And I have one that says "I support balloon animal rights" and the writing is in the shape of balloon animals. You get the picture....
So I was elated several years ago when I found One More Mile shirts at a race expo. They will bring a smile to any workout with their quirky sayings. The company was started by some runners and walkers who wanted comfortable, affordable, technical/wicking workout shirts. So they did their research, found Wick-lite fabrics, and started the One More Mile company. To top it off, they wanted to cater to the mid- and back-of-the packers to put a little fun in their runs, so they put funny sayings on their shirts...and the company has taken off...
I have several One More Mile shirts, and I honestly couldn't get enough. I have some tanktops for the gym, and some short- and long-sleeved shirts for my runs. Some of the sayings I have are "Who moved the finish line?" "Marine Corps marathon. Been there, run that." I also have a hat that says "Will Run for Beer." Here are a few more of my favorites:
I've seen One More Mile ask people to send in their proposed sayings. I can't seem to find on their website how to do this, so next time I see them at an expo, I'm gonna have some sayings ready...Here are some of my proposed sayings for One More Mile shirts...think I should send any of these in?
- In my triathlon dreams I am the love child of Michael Phelps, Lance Armstrong, and Scott Jurek.
- (On the back of a shirt for someone to read as you're passing them): If you're reading this, it means you went out too hard on the swim and bike.
- 140.6 miles...And yes, the .6 really matters.
- (On the front of the shirt): My mama didn't raise no sissy... (then on the back)...but I guess yours did.
- (On the back of a shirt): Bet you're wishing you'd done those Fartleks now, huh!
- We are not cattle, so stop with the cowbells already!
- Swim, bike, run = fear, speed, and pain.
- Born to Fartlek.
- I shouldn't have had that last goo...
- I'm still working on my mid-foot strike.
- I WILL finish, even if I have to crawl.
- Where IS the porta-potty??
- (On the back of a shirt): That's what you get for kicking me in my face on the swim...
- When I sweat, my cellulite screams!
- Run, walk, crawl...Just keep movin'
Let me hear the sayings you'd propose to One More Mile (I promise I won't steal them!)...