Well look no further....
I hold in my hand a ticket that is more valuable - at least among the running community - than a ticket to a Lady Gaga concert. (And honestly, if I had a Lady Gaga ticket, I'd actually pay someone to take it off my hands...I'd rather endure water torture). Maybe you thought it was an urban myth...A ticket too good to be true. Maybe you've scoured Prince William Forest Park, hoping to find a Golden Ticket that someone may have carelessly dropped. Maybe you don't know what the hell I'm talking about....
I'm talking about the Golden Ticket...the only way into MCM (aside from a charity slot)....(enter the image of a golden light appearing and angels singing "aaaaaaaaahhhhhh")....
The Golden Ticket is handed out to those runners who complete the Marine Corps Irish Sprint 10k on St. Patrick's Day at Prince William Forest Park in Quantico, Virginia. And you would not believe how many people are chomping at the bit to finish that 10k and get their mits on that Golden Ticket....
I signed up for the 10k as a back-up in case I didn't get into MCM through the actual registration....But unlike some of you, I didn't have any problem getting registered online. But I ran the 10k anyway and had a great time...Read about it here: Marine Corps Irish Sprint 10k race report. So, you know what that means....My Golden Ticket is up for grabs!! I feel like the head monk in the movie the Golden Child from whom Eddie Murphy is begging for "the knife"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr0JXSM_0Nk I hold all the power!! Whaaa aah aah (that's my evil laugh)....
Because I already have my coveted entry, I wanted to share the MCM love by bestowing upon one of you lucky readers this elusive Golden Ticket....
Here's what you need to do...
- Leave me a comment answering the following question: What is the nicest thing you've done for someone else during a race? Answering this question is a condition precedent to entering the drawing (that's lawyer speak).
- In your comment, leave me your first name and your email address. (You can leave your last name and/or website if you want). If you do not have an email address, you must provide a phone number where you can be contacted in the event that you win the Golden Ticket.
- You must leave your comment and contact information no later than 6:00 p.m. EDT (east-coast time in the United States) on Thursday March 29, 2012.
- Only one entry/comment per email address will be allowed.
- By leaving your comment and contact information, you agree that you will use the Golden Ticket to register only yourself and not anyone else. I don't want any folks who haven't entered the drawing to be eligible. You also agree that you will try your best to actually get to the start line of the MCM. I understand that anything can go wrong during training and life that may prevent you from getting to the start line. But I need you to commit that if you win, you will do everything in your power to take advantage of this coveted opportunity to get your feet to the start line and not waste the chance to do this amazing event in the Nation's Capital.
- If you win this drawing, you must register for the MCM with the Golden Ticket entry code by this Saturday March 31, 2012.
- The winner accepts full responsibility for having reliable access to the internet and registering on the Golden Ticket website before the registration deadline expires.
- The registration fee for MCM with the Golden Ticket code is $92 plus processing fees. By entering this drawing, you agree that you have the full amount available to cover the entry and processing fees.
Here's what I'll do...
- On Thursday March 29, 2012, I'll place each name/email entered from the comments on its own little piece of paper and throw them all in a basket or box to draw out a lucky winner.
- I'll will try to videotape the entire process so that you can verify that I have included all the names and fairly chosen one randomly out of the basket/box.
- I will post the lucky winner on this blog on Thursday March 29, 2012.
- Also on March 29, 2012, I will email the lucky winner (or call, if no email address is available) with the website and entry code that is needed to register with the Golden Ticket. That's right - you need an entry code - that's the beauty of the Golden Ticket!
- I do not accept responsibility for any technical issues with the Marine Corps Marathon or Active.com websites or any other websites that are involved with registering for the MCM using the Golden Ticket entry code.
- I also do not accept responsibility for any hacking of the Golden Ticket entry numbers that would prevent the lucky winner from using the entry code.
- No purchase from me is necessary and I will not accept any form of compensation for the Golden Ticket.
!! IMPORTANT !!The deadline for registering for the MCM with the Golden Ticket entry code is Saturday March 31, 2012. So the lucky winner must go to the website and enter with the Golden Ticket entry code by this Saturday March 31, 2012. Do I need to repeat that?
For the lucky winner, I'd love to follow your journey of training for the MCM, especially if this is your first marathon. You may even want to write a guest blog post with your trials, tribulations, triumphs, and tips.
Please spread the word, enter by this Thursday at 6:00 p.m. EDT, and cross your fingers!!
Thanks for playing!!
Leave me a comment answering the following question: What is the nicest thing you've done for someone else during a race? Answering this question is a condition precedent to entering the drawing (that's lawyer speak).
I deliberately slowed up to a walk, then a slower walk, to allow a first timer to pass me. I ended up finishing last. Yes, DFL as they like to say. Best moment of any in an event was seeing how proud she was that she wasn't last. When my best friend asked me what was wrong, why I'd slowed up so much and even walked, was I hurt. I just said no and enjoyed the moment. She overheard the one who didn't finish last talking about it and just gave me a hug and told me I was a kind person. I don't know about that, but it was a nice thing to do. I guess the second nicest thing was participating in an event to raise money for someone who needs it to help with some medical issues.
jls3701 at gmail dot com
What a cool contest, Michelle! I have already run MCM, so I don't want to enter this year, but wanted to give you a virtual "high-five" for doing this! Yay! I will tell my friends!
Hey ladies! Jen - thanks for the entry! So far you're the only one, so that bodes well for you!
And thanks for the virtual high-five Carilyn!!
I just ran in the Caesar Rodney in delaware this weekend with a friend of mine. We had a goal time that we were trying to get but a quarter mile before the finish we saw his family on the side of the track. His son started running after us. We slowed to allow him to catch up and cross the finish line with us. We did not get our goal time but I just saw the pictures of the two of them crossing the finish line together and it was worth it.
Joe - JFauntleroy30@gmail.com
Post a Comment